In my last post about our fireplace Building a Stunning Modern Fireplace and Mantle we took down the old mantle, mounted up the TV and started to prep for tile. We had several tile that we brought home – but did not make a decision. I don’t think we would or anyone can find the Perfect tile – but we are looking for the next best thing. So we need your help and want to gather opinions… I know what we want and like -but want to see your take. I am guessing we maybe way off from our readers?
Our Fireplace Tile objectives
- Focus on a classic and timeless look.
- Try to keep the price in check without blowing the budget.
- Ease of installation – some tile patterns take more cutting and also special tools to cut.
We narrowed it down to a couple of tile and this was the last set we were left with. The apple pie crust, the octagon pattern and the origami pattern ended up being a little confusing on the wall. We felt like that would draw too much attention to it.
So that left us with the following choices
- Retro Bianco Herringbone (@Home Depot) $2.99 12.2 in. x 10.83 in. x 6mm Porcelain Mesh-Mounted Mosaic Tile
- American Olean VitaScape Midnight Satin (@Lowes) $6.98 12-in x 12-in Satin Ceramic Mixed Pattern Mosaic Floor and Wall Tile
- Jeffrey Court La Jolla (@Home Depot) $18.60(sqr. ft) 12.25 in. x 12 in. x 8 mm Glass and Shell Mosaic Wall Tile
- Jeffrey Court Fiore Gray (@Home Depot) $17.96 (sqr. ft) 6 in. x 6 in. x Glossy Ceramic Wall Tile
Leave a comment below to let us know what you think! What tile would you choose? 1, 2, 3 or 4?
Project Costs so far:
- Sanus Simplicity wall mount. $117
- Roku 65″ TCL Series 6 Roku TV. $749
- Pleasant Hearth AN-1012 Alpine Fireplace Glass Door, Black, Large. $259 (on sale)
- Rutland Fireplace Insert Insulation Fiberglass, 1-1/2-Inch by 10-Fee $17.99
- Rutland Products 76C 500-Degree RTV High Heat Silicone Seal $12.99
Next up putting it all together.
Until next time!